Saturday 23 May 2009

pushed for time..

I'm near the end of the busiest work month of my life and somehow I've managed to keep training.. Training high volume when I'm so pushed for time seems to be counterproductive. My OH press was actually worse today than earlier in the week, it could be because of the sets of squats in between tired my core and reduced my press or it could just be that my body hasn't recovered properly.

Db KB OH press (24kg) 2x5, 1x4, 2x2
Renegade rows 5x8 (l,r)
Db KB squats 1x5, 1x6, 2x8, 1x10
Farmers walk to and from the park.

I'm tired the next day and feeling a little ill. Kinda run down. I'm working now for 4 days so I'll let myself recover for all of that.

Body wise.. I'm certainly bigger than I was but I've also put on some fat too with all the eating. I wasn't expecting to make clean gains (does anyone really?). I might consider putting in one HIIT session a week or perhaps just make it to BJJ...

No comments: