Tuesday 19 May 2009

First blood to the 24's

Two days ago:

Front barbell squats 1x10@60kg 9x5@70kg
some dumbbell renegade rows

Today.. first go with double 24kgs KBs

Double KB Mil Press : 2x5 1x4 1x3 1x4
Renegade Rows : 5x8 (l,r)
Single KB snatch practice 3 sets each arm.
Farmers walk to and from the flat to the park.

I struggled with the press a little more than I thought kind of. Was I truly expecting to perform 5x5? Well, yes... My 20kg numbers were good and I felt strong. But I couldn't manage 5x5. That's good though.. room to improve to get to 5x5!

The bells seem light still for renegade rows.. I really could do with 32s! I must locate a way to do weighted chin ups.. it's far better for my arms and back...

First blood.. the handles on the 24's aren't as smooth as I hoped.. and I pulled off a corn.. Chalk!

No comments: