Sunday 31 May 2009

Man-Bells!!

I was injured from the last workout, something is pulled on my ribs. Still, I waited a few days and went out again. This time I'm using my brand new John Brookfield hollow bells. This things are huge!! They look much bigger than my 24's, something like 40's!! It's a real man looking thing..

Too big for me? They do look kinda comical I think to the casual viewer. Like they are blown up or something. Anyway, I've got mine filled up to 24kg each at the moment. There is room to take them up to 32kg with steel powder inside.. or much heavier with lead powder. For now I imagine that 32's are a way off for me so steel powder it is! It's cheaper too.. Will I ever get to the point where I think.. hmmm.. 32 is too light.. I need more!

Here's what I did...

farmer walk to the park
DB KB OH press 4x5, 2x4, 1x3, 1x2 (good numbers.. only just short of 5x5)
Renegade rows 2x10 l,r .. then FAIL! my injury isn't good enough to engage the core so much.
DB KB squat... FAIL! .. felt both intercostals straight away in a bad way..
Single OH KB lunges 10 alternating with right OH, 10 alternating with left OH
couple of DB jerks for skills...

So what do I take from this?... I need more volume on the presses now.. 5x5 isn't enough.. I feel I need to add volume to this.
Rows seem very inadequate.. I really need to sort out a pull up bar...
After my core is healed I need to get back to squatting... squats rule!

No comments: