Friday 24 April 2009

Improvement but at a cost..

Todays workout :

Double OH press 4x2 5x3 (improved reps by speeding up the press)
Alternating renegade row 8 (l,r) x5
Double KB Squat 8x5
Single KB lunge 8 (l,r) x5
Windmill 6 (l,r) x2

no finisher.. pushed for time.. The walk back with the bells was easier (essentially a 300 yard farmers walk).

Good news then, my OH lift has improved with the final 3 sets being all 5 reps. I really need to improve this as everything else I am doing is over 5 reps easily. I want to move up to 24kg bells so that my rows and squats will reduce in rep range. For now though the 8 rep range is good enough to build me up a bit and prepare my body for what's ahead.. heavy metal.

the cost?... slight headaches maybe as a reaction to the creatine. I remember having that before so I need to keep an eye on it. It's background stuff but annoying all the same.

No comments: