Tuesday 21 April 2009

20 kgs not enough??

Here's what I did :

Double overhead press : 4x5
Renegade rows : 5x5 (5 a side)
Double squats : 8x5
Double swings : 10x4 7x1
Windmills : 2x5 l,r

50 push up finisher..

Well, I couldn't manage 5x5 OH press with the 20kg bells but I could exceed the 5x5 protocol on all other exercises. So what does that mean? One, I've got a weak press which isn't news and two, I should be using double 24kg bells! Damn, I only just got my nice new shiny red 20's. Perhaps I would be better off with a pair of 24's and just doing sets of 3 reps for strength on the presses?

Here's what to do though. I've only just started training again so lets keep going with the 20's until I can do 5x5 OH presses. The higher rep range on the other exercises will just help my body adjust to working out again and build some muscle.

Doing overhead presses with double 24's will be sweet!

side note.. I feel really good after my workout.. sore traps a little.. nothing too wasted. Buzzing a little which is good and I was more sexually charged too after 20 mins so that's a positive sign of my T levels being heightened.

No comments: