Thursday 16 April 2009

I'm back!

Ok.. I've spent a year out of training at least, my life has changed amazingly, hopefully for the good.

One thing that has suffered is my training. I've been so busy chasing a full time degree, full time work and more that I simply haven't trained at all. I have lost a lot of body mass and weight and I look too thin. But it's spring, the season to instigate change.

I have always been a fan of kettlebells so I will get back into that to develop my physical attributes. I'm also a big fan of 5x5 training and Mike Mahler so I'll go back down that route. I wish to challenge myself with overhead KB lifts to track my progress starting with double 20kg 5x5 sets. The left side of my body will struggle with this to start out with so I expect there to be some rebalancing of my muscles before I move onto bigger weights.

Proposed workouts (twice a week) containing push, pull, quad, hamstring and core with a IGF boosting finisher.

Push - Military OH 2KB press or Chest press
Pull - renegade row or weighted pull up
quad - 2KB squat or 1KB single leg squat
hamstring - 2KB swing, 2KB lung
core - Windmill or TGU

one from each group 5x5 with 2x5 core.

Nutritionally I have spent a long time exploring myself with vegan, raw vegan, vegetarian foods. I just don't feel like I can ever move back to meat again.

Suggested supplements - Reflex One Stop, Sun Warrior raw protein, maca, trib and ginseng.

Suggested meal (like the one I'm currently eating) - half tin of organic baked beans, half tin of mung beans, brown rice with wild rice mix, spinach and half an avocado.

Sure it's not super high in protein but it doesn't have to be I think. Let's find out how well my body reacts to this. There is often something in my diet that makes me extremely windy, I suspect it to be fruit, esp. citrus fruits. I should learn what does this as such painful amounts of intestinal wind is a sure signal that I just cannot absorb certain foods.

I do need a glucose source when training to avoid post workout pukes. I am sick way too easily and I'm prone to just crashing. Taking a glucose supplement just before and during training is absolutely necessary!

This is the start. Let's see how far I can go.

No comments: