Sunday 11 February 2007

Warm ups


Well, although I hate Pavel Tsatsouline's cringe worthy advertising plus his more than dubious self claims, I am embarking on his Enter the Kettlebell course. Why? quite simply because www.artofstrength.com have released a workbook to complement the Enter the Kettlebell course that organises and structures it in such a way that I would like to follow.


The course itself mainly contains swings, snatches, get ups, cleans and presses. I appreciate the concentration of the basic Kettlebell exercises as much as I dig doing basic lifts like Bench Press, Squats and Deadlifts. It looks like a good regime to become stronger and better conditioned.


What are my goals? At the age of 33 my body is starting to sag and I don't think I have the time and dedication to acheive a great body through bodybuilding. My goals are to become more conditioned in an althetic way that will directly benefit my BJJ and through such endeavour also inherit a decent but not great body. I need to stay under 82.3kg but become the strongest, most flexible and most conditioned competitor in my BJJ weight and age limit.

Achieve :

Functional Strength
Flexibility
Conditioning


I enjoy Kettlebells and that makes me train more. I'm going to get week one and two out of the way before I go to America and then crack on with week three on my return. Let's do it!

No comments: