Tuesday 20 February 2007

4kg of hurt

Well, I have to say that I have been cruising through the ETK Minimum course so far using my 16kg Powerseeker KB. That was until today. I have a new member of my collection, it's a Kettlebells.co.uk 20kg, it's very shiny since it has been epoxy finished and is deceptively heavy for it's size. Anyway, I thought I'd raise the bar in my ETK routine and give my new toy a spin (or a swing). Phew, it was a lot harder, just at extra 4kg but I felt it. More importantly though, I had to concentrate on my technique more and keep my core locked in. Somewhere I read from Mike Mahler that by lifting heavier KBs you are forced to apply better technique, you don't have much choice. Todays routine was the 12 minute session with 30 reps of swings between one minute of active rest. I'm not looking forward to the 40 rep routine looming after I return from LA next week. That's gonna be tough. Gonna have to nail it though so I can get to the 50 rep week. This pain is good though.

No comments: